We are eco-focused, committed to bringing on the pretty and head over heels for the opportunity to be a part of your celebrations.
Our full service floral and event design studio is located on the northwest side of Chicago, Illinois. Our business focus is customized and intimate - I want your event to be as amazing as you are. Every. Single Time.
Before I fell hard for the event biz, I finished my MA in Art History so I am inspired by art of the past and present. Flemish flower paintings, contemporary photography, concerts, drinks with friends, swimming with my kiddos, and lazy Sunday mornings with my family make my heart go pitter patter.
I am an artist, a business owner, a mom of two, spouse and an educator. All of these roles shapes who I am and the values of Anemone.
In addition to Anemone, I also teach part-time art history courses for City Colleges of Chicago. In this way, I can contribute to my community, share my insane love of art with students, and stay fresh. I've always loved learning and think it's key to
As Seen In
our sustainability commitment
“One single can is of great importance…Because 99 is not 100 and that single one will make a difference.”
- Valter Dos Santos (Wasteland 2010)
The above quote refers to the impact that just one recycled can has on the environment and the mindset in the documentary Wasteland inspired me to evaluate and reconsider how I run my event floral business. We seek to help rather than harm as we create beauty.
At Anemone, we strive to preserve the environment for generations to come and continually look for new ways to be eco-friendly and responsible. The core of this company is a true passion for design, an innate love of parties, the desire to educate and a commitment to the future.
OUR sustainable Practices:
- Recycling packaging, paper and plastic in our studio
- Composting floral waste
- Using florescent lighting in our studio
- Reusing vases & containers
- Buying locally whenever possible, also American grown suppliers and distributors from California growers
- Designing without floral foam which does not biodegrade
- Sending all correspondence by email
- Packing deliveries in recycled floral boxes and milk crates
- Cleaning with eco-friendly and biodegradable products